28 March 2006
12 February 2006
29 September 2005
25 September 2005
23 September 2005
Went to see the Northern Broadsides production of School For Scandal last night at the Stephen Joseph Theatre. It was very amusing...it was basically about gossip and damage it can do to people and their reputations. Defiantly worth checking out.
22 September 2005
21 September 2005
19 September 2005
18 September 2005
What a weekend...my time as 1 hour 59 mins 30 seconds, which is the slowest of the Great North Run's I've done, but considering I wasn't sure if I could even get to the end I'm pleased with the result. My leg hurt for about the first 5 miles and then it felt fine...what's that about? Hiede did it in 2 hours 35 mins, and she appears to be pleased with that.
We had lots of 'fun' travelling...after only 2 minutes on the train we were told that the Scarborough - York line was closed. This was because there had been an accident on a railway crossing at Rillington...a fatality. The story is on the BBC website here. This meant that we had to get a bus from Scarborough to Hull, which made the journey 1 hour longer than expected. We did, however, get a Virgin train from York to Darlington. It's the first time I've been on a virgin train and I must say I was impressed. The return journey was much better...but the train was late...
17 September 2005
16 September 2005
14 September 2005
- Heaven and Hell
- Can you be a Christian and not go to Church? (link with spiritual disiplines)
- Standing up for yourself (link with bullying)
- Be prepared / the future
- Catholic...protestant...Jew...Muslim...why can't they all get on
- Censorship (Music / Film / Internet)
- Cosmetic surgery / body image etc.
- Love / relationships / affairs / break-ups etc.
- Politics - plug into make poverty history
- Purpose / God's plan
- Self control
- Hitting the self destruct button
- Teenage pregnancy / pressure for sex
- Terrorism 7/7 etc.
- The seven deadly sins
- Worry / fear
11 September 2005
07 September 2005
04 September 2005
03 September 2005
- There is a scene called 'in gratitude'. Maggie, the boxer, buys her mother a house but they don't want to know...they show no sense of gratitude.
- At the start of the film Frank refuses to train Maggie...because she is a woman
- The end of the film is the whole Euthanasia debate
31 August 2005
- set off early
- carry your stuff in
- buy the food there
- leave the gazebo
29 August 2005
- Detox your spiritual life in 40 days
- Christian art - a very short introduction
- 100 Simple Bible craft ideas
- Bible baddies
27 August 2005
Some more stuff to checkout later:
Also saw an interesting ideas of using SMS and worship - you are given a bag of stuff and your are guided through this act of worship using text messages. Got to try it out.
26 August 2005
Places to check out later:
- Richard Rohr stuff
I also reckon that we should do some talks about body image / size etc. in the home groups. Somat to think about
25 August 2005
24 August 2005
23 August 2005
Later on I went to the gymn and meet up wth Paul. My foot feels a bit better, tried running on it a bit. Jonathan called around and told us all about his trip to Switzerland then later on Dan came round! It's been a real night of catching up....
As my mono laser printer has packed up, I've been looking for a replacement: colour with duplex. The current hot favourate is a Samsung CLP-510 (24ppm Mono 6ppm Colour A4 Laser). I best make a decision soon.
21 August 2005
20 August 2005
Watched Scarface, wow what a film...I thought one of the most interesting bits was that when Tony Montana refused to help kill this man because there were kids...this man had killed loads of people in cold blood.
Anyways, still trying to sort out the greenbelt travel arangements...looks like some will be going on the train.
19 August 2005
18 August 2005
14 August 2005
What a weekend! Got up at 6 on Saturday morning to go pick up the 7.5 tonne truck to move gary to wales, and guess what, he'd only packed about 1/3 of his stuff...what fun! 11 hours later we set off to Talbot Green arriving at 2:20am! I must say it was a bit scary driving that big truck for the first time, but once I found the cruse control...wow
12 August 2005
07 August 2005
04 August 2005
24 July 2005
Just back from a camping weekend near Hawes in the Yorkshire dales. Weather was good, not much rain. It was good to have some time to ourselves as Chloe was at Badger camp in Thirsk. Yesterday we walked to Castle Bolton. Nice gardens. We saw a baby lama on-route. Cute.
15 July 2005
It was Pathfinders tonight....we were on the beach for a bbq and games. All was going well until we set off home....Hiede managed to slash her leg on a disposable barbeque - 4 stitches. We hadn't anticipated that...what was funny is that the young people were more interested in having a look at her leg than anything else...blood guts.... thankfully the wait was not too long at the hostpital. Shena took her through, which was a big help while I took the youth home.
The talk tonight was on the Bible - see http://www.youthideas.co.uk/yw/talk/050715-bible.shtml
02 July 2005
19 June 2005
Just returned from another great weekend away at Fort Rocky. This year we took 17 including leaders. What can I say? I'm knacked, but they seem to have enjoyed it, some were clearly helped in the faith and pushed the limits of their fears! Check out the pictures http://www.youthideas.co.uk/yw/fr/2005/index.shtml
10 April 2005
04 April 2005
1. Listen to the Bible over the next 1 year on my iPod
2. Go to the Wednesday prayer meeting
3. Get some books:
- odd girl out (Bullying)
- on leadership
4. As a family, develop a holistic vision, remembering to specifically include the three of us, our ministry, work life and calling
5. Try to become accountable to someone
6. Develop ‘family time’
7. Discern who I should specifically spend time on
- give more opotunitys for yp to do stuff / development
- who wants to go to yw conference?
- team building!
- focus on the bullying issues
9. Develop spiritual disciplines / 1 Tim 4:16
10. Make time for fun, sport etc....yes I need reminding!